This made me happy for many reasons – the key ones include the following:
- Someone of significance in the deeper depths of the Interweb saw and liked my work – enough to contact me.
- The keywords that I used to describe my webpages were effective – people were discovering my work.
- The internet connected me to a great contact that led to a fantastic opportunity.
What is SEO?
It is the process of improving traffic (visitors) to your website. It is about making your site more visible when someone types a “keyword” into a search engine such as Google.
That is, when someone types in a search word, you want your site to appear in the search results of the top 1-3 pages. It’s not enough just to upload a site. You need content that includes the following:
- Headers that include keywords contained on a page. For example, Tree of 40 Fruit is a main heading.
- Copy text that includes those same keywords found in your headers. For example, use content that includes the words “Tree of 40 Fruit” to reinforce the heading text.
- Pages that are indexed correctly for search engines to follow them. This information is in the back-end of your site.
o Ensure you have the following meta tag in the HTML source of your page: <meta name="robots" content="index, follow"> .
- Pages that contain links to some of your other content. This helps drive visitors to some of your older content.
- Pages that are up-to-date and relevant. No-one wants to visit a page that is out-dated, and are even less likely to revisit such a page.